My Life in Simple Words
My account as I journey through Life
My Life In Simple Words <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 10, 2004

Strange at the gate.

There comes a time in your life when the common things, routine lifestyle, day to day 'friends', and normal encounters become complete and total strangers in your life.

This in turn gives rise to questions like:
what are they,
who are they,
what am I doing here,
where am I headed too,
who are my friends,
why am I doing this
why should I do this
and finally the question that unleashes all the maddness, is who am I.

You discover that all this time it was not the 'others', who were the strangers but it was you who was the stranger and to make matters worse a stranger you your own self. And its at this stage that everything else becomes meaningless and the race for self rediscovering begins. Trust me this race brings with it lots of loneliness, bitterness and at times resentment, towards yourself and those around you who seem hard to understand or don't understand what you are going through.

When all it said and done, its unfortunate that all of us have to meet at the appointed 'gate'; where the race ends and the battle comes to an end. But is disheartening and frightening at the same time, that in most cases the person standing at the gate, is still a stranger; a stranger both to him or herself and a stranger to the world.

And hence you become The stranger at the gate.

Comments:
These are important questions. I believe being self-aware is crucial as how can you understand other people if you don't understand yourself? You are blessed - most of us go through life without knowing who we truly are.

You could, however, turn the experience into a positive one and be empowered and strengthened once you have begun the journey of understanding yourself i.e. learn and enjoy the process with all its trials and tribulations.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home